Sunday, February 1, 2009

Let the Transformation Begin


unicorn believer, originally uploaded by wine me up.

Sitting here at six in the morning I am contemplating the first day of the iCiNG Transformation Challenge. Ever since the post went up about six days ago I've been thinking about some things that I want to do to shake up my routine. This honestly couldn't have come at a better time since this is something I've been thinking about doing anyway ( and having a large number of others who are also working on shaking things up at the same time is just downright inspiring ). I wont lie and say that I think this will be easy, even this morning I struggled to not just role over and go back to sleep after my alarm went off ( note to self: find a more upbeat music for my alarm clock ), but I just know that this month is going to be amazing. Here are the areas that I've chosen to work on:

Waking Up Early • I used to be a morning person. I would wake up at some point between five and six without ever needing to set an alarm. Over time ( especially during college ) I started to wake up later and later. Now I just feel like I'm wasting my day altogether and I sincerely miss the soft light and magic of the early morning. Even as I type this I've just opened my curtain and the sun is just starting to rise. Bliss. This month I'm going to start the routine of getting up at six, everyday ( sleeping in on weekends only makes it more difficult to wake up during the week - plus I want my fun weekend time to be thoroughly maximized ).

Exercising Daily • One of my goals for the new year was to start treating myself with more respect, including physically. Unfortunately I've fallen into a rut when it comes to exercise. I find myself feeling like it's a chore ( and consequently slacking off ) when I know it can be turned into something fun. To shake things up a bit I've picked up a Salsa dancing DVD and as soon as the hula-hoops are out in stores I'm going to pick one up ( I was told next week is the schedule ). I'm also not going to limit myself to the usual, I'm going to dance like no one is watching and I think I'll hunt down some yoga instruction online.

Eat More Wholesomely • This ties into the above two goals. This was a part of my new year's intention to treat myself ( and my body ) with more respect. While I have improved over last year I still have a lot of work to do in this area. Part of the problem is I haven't been getting up early enough to have breakfast and that seriously throws my day off. I'm also looking forward to adding more fruits and veggies to my daily routine!

Create a New Beauty Routine • I have been seriously lax in this department lately. My skin is super-sensitive so I can't use most commercial products ( plus I want to go a more natural route anyway ). In light of that I've been doing some research online for beauty treatments that can be made at home with common kitchen ingredients. I'll let you know how they work when I do my wrap-up post at the end of the challenge.

Keep Things Tidy • This will be one of the easier challenges on my list. I'm already fairly tidy by nature, but I have the tendency to allow little messes to accumulate for a week or so, causing me to end up cleaning for a few hours over the weekend. Instead I want to get into the habit of cleaning up every night before bed / when I first wake up in the morning.

I'm excited to see what this month is going to bring. Posting here gives me the feeling of accountability so at the very least I can remind myself that I've stated my intentions for the world to see. At the end of the challenge I'll do a wrap-up post to let you know how things went ( and post any tips I've picked up along the way ). Best wishes to my fellow challenge participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment