Saturday, February 28, 2009

Version 3.0

I've been wanting to redesign this space for a while, but every header I've tried has been eventually scrapped. The previous design was just too dark (despite the pink) so instead I decided to draw inspiration from my own bedroom, after all a blog is really just an online expansion of your personal space.

Honestly redesign has been on my mind a lot lately. I've been stuck in a rut both online and off, it was time to shake things up a bit. In recent weeks I've managed to completely rearrange my bedroom and get rid of a bunch of stuff that I no longer loved. Now I have a space with a much more open floor plan and a design that actually works both practically and aesthetically. Photos coming at some point this month once I finish getting things put back together.

In that vein I decided to redo my blogspace too. Out with the heavy, dark colors and in with bright, cheery pastels. It helps that my absolute favorite colors and color scheme revolve around pink and green. I am much, much happier with this new look. Plus it actually works with my photo width setting now. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve for this place (nothing major, just a few small changes in function) and I looking forward to seeing where this will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment