Thursday, September 22, 2011

Changes, Hair Edition


86. Learn how to style my own hair.

Deciding that it was about time to start working on my life list again, I realized that I have something I can cross off. Growing up I had very long hair (as in, hanging past my waist long). After a disastrous cut when I was five I never let anyone touch my hair with scissors unless it was to trim off the barest hint of the ends. As I grew older and my hair mousier I went through a wide variety of styles. There was the frightening middle school perm. The non-layered bob that hung like a triangle around my face. A few years ago I came close to a style I liked with an a-line, but I still wasn't happy with it. Really, though, I wasn't happy because deep down I'd been wanting a pixie cut since my freshman year of high school. Ten years later and I bit the bullet back in July. I couldn't be happier with it. I ought to get some more photos since this isn't how I always style it (my bangs are usually swept to the side), but being behind the camera most of the time I generally don't end up in photos that often.

It feels good to have something to cross off, and I like that this is the first one. With my hair in place, I feel like I am much closer to knowing who I am, as silly as that may sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment