Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Setting Goals

Hello Kitty

Last night as I was starting to fall asleep I was hit with a wave of both inspiration and motivation. About an hour of getting everything down on paper and I am ready to start making some changes, both online and off. I am excited to start showing you some of the results (one of which is a complete redesign of this space), but in the meantime I though I would talk a little about goals.

The post before this one contains a list of 101 things that I would like to accomplish in 1001 days. I am a list maker by nature so having a list of goals goes a long way in keeping me motivated. I'd been debating about how I wanted to go about this list: did I want to create a general life list or did I want a more specific deadline? In the end I came across a community of bloggers writing lists like this and it seemed like the perfect marriage of the two lists. The time period is long enough for big projects, but short enough to keep the list focused on specifics. As you can see from the dates I started this a little while ago, but I'm trying to be more open and authentic so I wanted to share it here (plus having the list shared publicly will help to keep me motivated). I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

Do you keep a list of goals you want to accomplish? What format do you find most inspiring? Have you find sharing your intentions publicly to help (and if so please feel free to share your links, I'd love to cheer you on)?

No comments:

Post a Comment