Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Teacup Watercolor

Teatime

The other day I was inspired to experiment with my watercolors. I had been digging through my art supplies when I came across an old folder of unused tracing paper. I was curious about how the texture would react if soaked with watercolor and in the end I love the result (though unfortunately the photo doesn't quite show the texture of the finished cup). To finish it off I glued it to a piece of trimmed sketch paper (as the tracing paper was still transparent) and then to a favorite piece of scrapbooking paper. It still didn't feel quite finished so I added some paper flowers and a small gen that I had lying around from a sweater that I deconstructed a while back. I had so much fun creating this, I'll definitely be experimenting with this technique more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment