Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quirky Charm: The Beginnings


These past few weeks have been a roller coaster of ups and downs and as such I've been doing a lot of thinking. Thinking about ways to find my bliss again, to reconnect with myself and others, to truly craft my life into what I want it to be. One thing on the list of solutions? To invest more of myself into this blog. It's something I've meant to do since starting up over a year ago, something I'd meant to do with blogs past. Fear is generally what's stopped me. Fear of disapproval or rejection. Fear of things not turning out how I plan them. Instead of placing fear first I want to dive right in and enjoy the journey, to release myself from everything that's held me back in the past. Please pardon the dust around here as things get spiffed up. I'm deep into the process of creating a new layout and working on new content. To kick things off I realized that I never shared the story behind the name of the blog...

Naming things is my weak point. I can write stories where I never end up naming the characters or that never receive a proper title. My stuffed animals were always named by some variation of the animals name or based on some physical characteristic of the creature. When it came time to name this blog I was at a near panic. I wanted a name that represented me, my aesthetic, and my view in life. I wanted a name that could evolve with me over time. Pretty tall orders for someone who once thought the name Ally was clever for her stuffed alligator. A few days of brainstorming (with no real results) later and Quirky Charm came to me just as I was starting to fall asleep. I kept the brainstorming up for a few more days, but I just couldn't shake Quirky Charm from thoughts. It felt right.

Obviously the rest is history and I couldn't be happier with the name. It truly represents my outlook of myself and of the world around me. I was always the quirky child. I never saw things the same way as the rest of the class. I love bright colors and vibrant patterns. I delight in unusual details. I rebelled against it for the longest time, but now it's something I embrace. I think everyone is quirky in their own way and I think that's what makes life so much fun! As for the charm, that's the word that encompasses my view of the world around me. I adore everything fanciful, fairy tale, romantic, and whimsical and I want to bring that sense of charm into everything I do. Despite the ups and downs of life I want to see the joy in everything around me and I want to help others do the same. I want to share the magical moments in my life and help others create magic in their lives. I want to open up a window into my life the same way I enjoy being a part of others through their blogs. Quirky Charm isn't just about one thing, but everything. All aspects of life can be quirky and charming and that's the view point I want to embrace and express with open arms.

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I found this to be really inspiring and I'm so very excited to see what you're going to be adding here. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking along the same lines with my own blog and the dream I have of becoming a professional creative (in form of graphic designer). I am not happy with the choice of names I've come up with in the last few months and I'm wondering if I will every have a good enough name that I won't want to change a few months afterward...

    Anyway, here's to working out blog kinks and getting started with this serious creative business! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ The Unicorn Girl I have a bunch of it almost ready, I'm so excited for the changes to start going live.

    @ seakisst Coming up with a name that you love for a long time is such a difficult task! I wish you the best in finding one that truly resonates with you.

    ReplyDelete