Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On the Grill

On the Grill: Steak

There's just something about grilled food on a warm evening. Sitting out on the patio with a light breeze and all the time in the world to lean back and get caught up with good company. I wouldn't say that grilling is my weakness, but it's definitely something that I need to do more often. I actually don't even have a real grill at the moment, but that's my next big ticket purchase after I replace my laptop. I want this scene to be a familiar one this summer. For practical reasons too. When if's 115° outside having the stove or oven on for any length of time only adds to the misery. In the meantime I'll be using my indoor grill, but I'm curious. What grill do you use (and do you love it)? What are your favorite foods to cook on the grill? I'm partial to steak myself, but I've been watching more Bobby Flay and I'm excited to try some more usual things. Pizza cooked on the grill? Sign me up for that.

I've got to say though, for an indoor grill, Sunday's dinner was pretty delicious. Grilled steak with sauteed crimini mushrooms, and a creamy horseradish sauce (with an heirloom tomato salad on the side to lighten things up a little). Now to get the patio properly cleared off. As gorgeous as the weather is, sharing my seat with a pile of dust and debris just isn't ideal. Time for some spring clearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment