Sunday, December 7, 2008

Turn the Page


stock photo: nkzs @ stock.xchng

While this blog has been a bit stagnant my personal life has been abuzz with activity. As of Friday I am no longer a student. I am closing the book on a major chapter of my life. I have attended a school of some sort since the age of four. Overall I would say school was a positive experience. It certainly led me down many different paths. In high school I was sure that mechanical engineering was in my future, then came my two years as an anthropology / art history double major. Finally I settled on library science towards the beginning of last year and I found my passion. I love books. I love the feel of them, the scent of the pages ( new and old ), what they symbolize. I read everything I can get my hands on. Specifically I have discovered that I have a passion for literacy advocacy. I want to show today's youth the magic that exists in book, the magic of learning and curiosity.

I feel content and excited about my new path in life. This new chapter is opening up in front of me and it's filled with blank pages waiting to be written. Creativity and personal expression are going to play large roles in this new chapter and this blog has been spiffed up to represent that. I went with a polka dot pattern and different shades of pink as they are some of my favorites. I'd like to thank 99 Mocking Birds for creating such wonderful textures for public use ( the polka dots in the header are from them ).

Last, but not least, I would like to extend a warm welcome to anyone who's viewing this blog for the first time ( or if anyone has continued to read this, I admire your patience ). Thank you for being a part of this new journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment