Monday, June 22, 2009

On the Right Foot


1. cherry blossoms, 2. The show must go on, 3. face cupcakes 028, 4. 7_14_07 177.jpg

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome to my weekly post where I will be sharing some of the flickr photos that inspire me, things I loved about the previous week, things I'm looking forward to, and some of my favorite links. Please feel free to join me either in comments or via your own blog, I would love to see what's inspiring you ❤

Vintage Shops | Over the weekend I got my first taste of vintage shopping in quite some time. Many of the shops in my city are in areas of town that I don't frequent so I never seem to make the time to go to them. This weekend I decided to head down to Main St. after reading a recommendation in the AAA magazine. The shops were so beautifully decorated and I was so inspired by the clothes (especially the dresses from the 1950's). They weren't a "normal" thrift shop in that everything was expensive (most items fell into the $100-$200 range), but I had so much fun browsing that I wasn't disappointed. Now I'm excited to try and find some good thrift shops in the area.

Sunshine | Normally I'm a rainy sort of gal, but the sunshine this week has been beautiful (and blissfully not too hot thanks to a steady breeze). This facilitated a whole host of activities from cleaning the patio to outdoor window shopping to slurpee drinking, to swimming. It's been a truly summery week and I've had a blast.

Craft Books | A little while ago I picked up a few new craft books (Pretty Little Felts and Creating Your Perfect Wedding - both of which I am completely enamored with) and going through them this week led me to going through a bunch of my favorites from my collection. I love looking at all of the colorful projects and visualizing how I would use them. I have a new list of things I want to try and I'm excited to get started.

Things I'm Anticipating | seeing André Rieu in concert for the second time • working on a notebook collage project • filling in the first page of my new journal • going to see the new Transformers film • the debut of Princess Protection Program on Friday • ... and so much more!




how to take consistent action @ the positivity blogmy milk toofvintage teacup pincushion @ craftzineyummy cakes and sweets @ daisy pink cupcakeuse the good stuff @ simple mompost script... @ a fanciful twistfireworks cake toppers @ wisdom of the moon

No comments:

Post a Comment