Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun Music


1. Balloon Fun // Siren Music Fest 2008, 2. Plum's New Headphones, 3. Dance In The Rain, 4. LEGO CD Cover Photo

This has been an underlying theme in my posts this morning, but music is a big enough part of my life that it deserves its own post. In this case I'll be talking about fun music: what I listen to when I want to dance, sing along, do physical activity, or just want to relax in a good mood. For me this ranges through genres and languages. What I've been listening to today gives a pretty good indication of what I consider fun. Pop music from many cultures (though predominantly USA, Korea, Japan, and China) mixed with hip hop, classic rock, and some light classical. Not to mention soundtracks. This is the kind of music that keeps me going on a tough day. In concert form these are the concerts that keep you on your feet, clapping to the beat and singing along. Where energy is high and you can't help but grin from ear to ear. As the day goes on you'll be seeing some more links to what I think of as fun music, but I'm curious. What is your fun music? What do you listen to that never fails to bring a smile to your face?

I've spent the last half hour working through some of my web dailies and grooving along. I'm definitely starting to crave lunch now though after seeing so many delicious food posts.

Song of the Half Hour: Fly with Me - Jonas Brothers

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I've found out that dance music can keep you away. Someone the beat gets your hear pumping and your head bobbing. Kinda makes an all-night fun :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Baki I have that feeling too. I remember two years ago during my first blogathon that someone told me that jumping/dancing around is a great way to wake up and I have definitely found that to be true.

    ReplyDelete