Monday, July 27, 2009

On The Right Foot


1. gift box cake, 2. let it rain stars, 3. Awaiting Doors, 4. Walruses bento

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome to my weekly post where I will be sharing some of the flickr photos that inspire me, things I loved about the previous week, things I'm looking forward to, and some of my favorite links. Please feel free to join me either in comments or via your own blog, I would love to see what's inspiring you ❤

Blogathon 2009 | Now that I'm nice and rested I can look back at this weekend and declare the blogathon a success. Though I was tired (and starting to not feel well) I think this was the best year yet. I was able to raise $20 for First Book (and their link will be staying in the sidebar if you're interested in donating, but aren't able to right now) and I had a blast posting and talking to some awesome people. I would like to give special thanks to the site maintainers that made this year possible, my awesome monitor (and everyone who stopped by with a comment) for keeping me going, and an extra special thanks to Dave and Noelle for their donations. I already have some fun ideas brewing for next year.

Family Staycation | Both my mom and stepdad had the week off last week for the sole purpose of staying at home and relaxing around town. It was a blast hanging out, going shopping, spending hours with good books, watching movies, and trying some new spots of interest around town. Bliss.

Good Football | This weekend had quite a lot of hit. The two highlights for me were Seattle v. Chicago and AC Milan v. Inter Milan. Neither of my favorite teams pulled a victory, but both put on a fun match to watch.

Tasty Cupcakes | I plan on doing a full post on this, but I couldn't resist mentioning it in the meantime. Recently there was a post on Bakerella about Retro Bakery in Las Vegas. I don't live in that area of town and therefore hadn't seen it before so mom and I felt that a little drive was in order. It was so worth it. We both had the Milk & Cookies variety and it was simply amazing. I'm looking forward to sampling the Maple Bacon next (I am intrigued by the thought of bacon in a cupcake).

Things I'm Anticipating | getting my transcripts in so I can apply at the school district • new books to read and movies to see • making a dent in my new to-do list • ... and so much more!


bright pink peony love @ green wedding shoespaper flower madness (a tutorial) @ a fanciful twistpicking perfect pink paint @ making it lovely

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I got the thank you email you sent me, and I was like who was that? Sorry! I wish I would have been able to follow you during blogathon!

    ReplyDelete