Friday, October 23, 2009

Ham & Gruyère Palmiers

Ham & Gruyère Palmiers

This week I've been trying some new things in the kitchen to get my creativity flowing again. I love this time of year; the weather is so perfectly crisp and inviting, perfect for spending long hours in the kitchen. I'm starting to amass a little backlog of recipes (check my flickr page for a sneak peek if you're curious) and I'm looking forward to sharing them with you.

First are these amazing palmiers. I've had the recipe bookmarked for ages, but was a little intimidated to try it out. Much to my pleasant surprise it was a delightfully easy process with an amazing result. Not only do they look elegant, but they taste divine with the slight sweetness of the ham mingling with the spice of the mustard, sharpness of the cheese, and delicate flakiness of the pastry. These are definitely going on my list of party planning favorites. As for the recipe linked below, I didn't alter a single thing. It was perfect as-is (and as for the choice between ham and prosciutto I went with the ham to cut down on the sodium as much as I typically adore prosciutto).

Manet's Ham, Gruyère, and Moutarde Palmiers @ Feasting on Art

No comments:

Post a Comment