Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Very Merry Birthday

At the District

Last Friday was my twenty third birthday and I've got to say it was a total blast. I kept things pretty low-key this year, but I think that added to the fun. Mom took the day off from work and to celebrate the good weather we decided to go to a few places we don't always get a chance to go. One of these was the shops at Green Valley Ranch (pictured above). While most of the shops there are far out of my budget I love just being able to walk around and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Especially on a warm spring day. It was bliss. I even managed to find a few small trinkets (that I can't wait to show you once I get them ready!). Topped off with some of the best food in the city (lunch below from Cabo Wabo and dinner that I was too hungry to remember to take photos off from my favorite Irish pub) and late night Irish music and I would say the day was just about perfect.

Cabo Wabo: Quesadilla
Delicious, delicious quesadillas!

Cabo Wabo: Nachos
Nachos, equally as delicious.

I've just been feeling so blessed this month. I'm surrounded by wonderful family and I've just met a group of wonderful new friends earlier this month that I truly feel like I'm clicking with. Wonderful things and experiences keep coming my way and I'm feeling happier than I have in a long, long time. A true kind of happiness. A happiness deep in my soul. To top it all off, I get to go see my dream concert tonight courtesy of a radio concert I won last month. I've been wanting to see the Eagles since I was a little girl, but I didn't think it would ever happen. I am on cloud nine with anticipation.

Before I head off for the evening, I wanted to mention the Counting My Blessings Stitchalong. Focusing on the positive and being thankful for all that I've been blessed with have been topics in the forefront of my mind lately and this has shown up at the perfect time. I'm excited to give it a go and share my progress (more of that on Monday) with you guys, but I wanted to mention it now while it's still in the early stages because I think this is right up your alley. It doesn't matter if you're experienced or not, this is my first ever real embroidery project, it's the feelings that matter the most so don't be afraid to jump in if this sounds like something you'd like to try.

1 comment: