Monday, July 25, 2011

On Shopping, Etsy, and New Ventures


Checking the mailbox the second I get home at night has become one of my favorite daily rituals. Especially ever since I started to change how I look at shopping and where my money is going. Why? Etsy. I love getting packages and snail mail in general, but there’s just something about a tidy package from Etsy that makes my heart quicken. Even buying pieces for myself feels like opening the most precious gift. I love seeing the artist’s passion coming through right down to the details.


My most recent treasure hails from oh, hello friend. Her shop is one of my all-time favorites, I am constantly smitten with her charming old world aesthetic. I’ve been eying her rings for a long time, but I finally took the plunge and picked one up in hot pink. Love. She has completely outdone herself in the packaging as well. Look at that wooden tag! I’m thinking it’s begging to be re-purposed.

What are your favorite Etsy shops? This post is in no way sponsored, I just want to start spreading the love. ♥

In other news, I’ve decided to start playing with mixed media again. It’s something I’ve always enjoyed doing, but somewhere down the road I got too caught up in the finished results. In an effort to not do that this time, I’ve picked up a book. Painted Pages by Sarah Ahearn Bellemare (as seen, in part, as the background to the ring photo). Here’s hoping! I would love to be excited and joyful in the process of keeping a journal. It’s something I know I would love to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment