Saturday, May 16, 2009

How's It Growing?


New Planter, originally uploaded by QuirkyCharm.

Welcome to my new gardening series on Quirky Charm. As a child I always had a bit of a black thumb (there was not a single plant that I didn't kill), but I'm determined to change that. As the condo complex where I live recently removed the grass (and many of the flowering trees) I decided that now is the time.

I have a small patio to work with and this new planter (shown in the above photo - purchased from Home Goods) will be my canvas. I'm planning on tending to three potted plants here and then I will be attempting to grow a plant from seed in a pot on the small table.

I'm in the process of researching what grows successfully in partial sun desert climate. Next up, a trip to the nursery to pick up the actual plants. Hopefully that will happen this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment