Sunday, July 26, 2009

Antique Shops


1. Antique shop, Barcelona, Spain, 2. Antique Shop, 3. My favorite antique shop, 4. Patricks antique shop 2

Antiquing is another recent love of mine, inspired by the pages of Victoria and Somerset Life. I have always loved the history and story behind antiques, but now I'm learning to appreciate the hunt and the thrill of finding the perfect unexpected piece for a bargain. I tend towards books (especially school books, I love reading through old student notes - it's like a special window to the past), but I also love jewelry and furniture. Searching around town I've found some gorgeous shops, but my favorites are an hours drive away in Boulder City. I could spend days exploring the nooks and crannies of those shops. Have you ever been antiquing? Any fun stories to share?

I have reached the stage where my stubbornness has kicked in. This is a good thing, though I would still love a nap right about now... We're getting there!

Song of the Half Hour: Theme From Mortal Kombat - The Immortals

2 comments:

  1. Hooray -- you got spotlighted!
    http://www.blogathon.org/?p=1486

    I'm so glad they're loving your blog as much as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pico Eee, so cool! Thank you for the head's up.

    ReplyDelete