Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dream Bigger

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Hardtop (3 of 5)
(photo via myoldpostcards)

Dream bigger. Have you ever had a message coming at you from so many directions that you knew you couldn’t ignore it any longer? This has been mine lately. Appropriately so too. I will be the first to admit that timidity is my safety blanket. I am much more comfortable as a wallflower than I am in the center of the action. I like careful planning, I keep lists of lists for pity’s sake! I can’t begin to list the things I’ve missed out on because they weren’t “practical”. There’s no point to regret though. I thought I’d been making strides here though, lately. I have my shop almost ready to launch in July. I’ve been putting myself out there more in relationships. I’ve been turning crazy dreams into small, realistic steps. I forget though that some things aren’t meant to happen in bite sized pieces.

My point? I’m officially signed up for Camp Mighty. Going to one of Maggie Mason’s events has been a secret dream of mine since she started hosting Might Summit. At the same time, I’ve always felt that her events were for other people. People who were already savvy and successful. Her book is actually the reason I started blogging on that tiny wordpress blog years ago. I can’t imagine where my life would have gone without that nudge. The people I would never have met and the opportunities that would never have come my way. I never would have thought that I would see my work in print, or open my own shop, or have actual conversations with people who’ve inspired me for years. And now to go full circle and not only meet one of the women who’s made such a huge impact on my life, but to attend a full weekend centered around living a more vibrant life? Crazy. As soon as I saw that it was going to be happening in Palm Springs, only a 3-hour drive from here it was decided. I can feel it with every fiber of my being that this is where I’m supposed to be.

It’s crazy to have such a sense of peace about something that is going to take some major things to pull together, but this time I’m determined to not dream small. Finances need to come together to hopefully be able to afford the hotel room within this coming paycheck. Bigger still, I need to buckle down and get my license since I will be driving there solo. I have a renewed sense of inspiration though. I know that it will all work out. Finances will be fine (I’m just a careful overplanner). I have two amazing friends who are showing me the ropes in getting my driver’s license. I WILL NOT be a wallflower this time.

I have a vision in my mind of the ideal way this trip can happen. I see myself in a convertible. Hair pulled back and bags packed neatly in the trunk. I picture knowing more about my camera so that I can properly document the weekend. I picture not being a ball of anxiety at the thought of being surrounded by 150 people that I’ve never met. I’m ready though. I’m ready to pray and then get going, to actually do what’s in my power to make this vision a reality. I’m floating on air with the excitement of it all. Time to break out my Life List and get it freshened up in preparation.

What have you been dreaming about lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment