Monday, June 8, 2009

On the Right Foot


1. bedroom, 2. Amigurumi Autumn chickie bird w/leaf, 3. anascakes, 4. ballpen tiger

Happy Monday everyone. For me Monday's have always been a least favorite. This is something I'm trying to change. I want to look at Mondays as the gateway to a week full of wonderful possibilities, a fresh start where anything can happen. From this point on I will writing this series to do just that (as inspired by Gala Darling's Things I Love Thursdays). I will be sharing some of the flickr photos that inspire me, things I loved about the previous week, things I'm looking forward to, and my favorite links from the previous week. Please feel free to join me either in comments or via your own blog, I would love to see what's inspiring you ❤

Getting Organized | Last week a large portion of my time went to getting my life in order. My room is blissfully clean and my computer files are starting to follow suit. I love being able to find exactly what I need (and I love rediscovering some amazing things along the way). Organization is still a major goal for this week and I'm excited to see where it takes me.

UP | I saw UP on Saturday and I was instantly charmed. My expectations were high after hearing so many amazing things about the film and I was not disappointed. The animation was gorgeous (I would love a print of the scene where the house is floating against the blue sky) and the story the perfect mix of touching and funny. The film's message is still rolling about in my mind and I feel inspired to craft my own adventure. I don't normally recommend films as everyone has different taste, but I will make an exception for this one.

Town Square | There will be a more in depth post about this soon, but this needed to be added to the list. Town Square (in Las Vegas) is one of my favorite places in town and by an oddly wonderful twist of fate I was able to get down there twice this week for both movies and shopping. The weather was gorgeous both times, balmy and wonderful versus the usual beginnings of oppressive heat that June brings, adding to the bliss. I love any occasion to walk around outside and browse pretty shops. Frozen yogurt is also a plus (I'm in love with Pomegranate Raspberry flavor right now).

Things I'm Anticipating | my library reserves coming in • relaxing with a good book • finishing some sewing projects • ... and so much more!



delicious pico de gallo @ the nosheryorigami cherry blossoms @ the flirty guidesuper cute hello kitty cake pops @ bakerella

No comments:

Post a Comment