Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finding Inspiration

Finding Inspiration

Lately I've been struggling with my creativity. I've been in a funk. Honestly, this is nothing new. During college I wasn't able to find the time to be creative and now that I'm finished I've been trying to get my spark back. I've tried dozens of methods, but nothing stuck. Until now.

As a young girl I spent a lot of time making inspiration boards from my favorite magazine clippings. I had them displayed all over the place. Larger ones adorned my walls while smaller versions found their way onto my notebook and binder covers. I had notebooks filled with style favorites and clips of pretty photos. Over the years I stopped making them, though I never stopped collecting clippings or magazines.

Now I have a veritable army of both, languishing in stacks around my room. I was flipping through some of them a couple of months ago when I felt a rush of new ideas fill my head. It's taken me a while to decide how to harness this feeling, but now these clippings will have a purpose. They will fill a series of themed (so far: style, design, holidays/special occasions, and general inspiration) notebooks. At the moment I'm working on sorting through the last of my magazines and organizing the clippings, but I can't wait to share the end result and the steps along the way. My spark is back and I couldn't be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment