Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gardens


1. Stourhead Gardens., 2. A First Glimpse of the Gardens at Penshurst Place, 3. Leading You Down the Garden Path at Great Dixter!, 4. Hanging Gardens

I love taking that first step into a well tended (or wildly unkempt) garden. Having lived in the desert for so long that moment is like being transported into another world. It's a delight for all the senses from the scents of fresh blooms and cut grass and the sound of the little birds that tend to inhabit gardens of all sorts. My favorite gardens can be found around the world: the botanical gardens of Santa Barbara (my hometown and one of my favorite places to visit), the gardens located all around the city of Bath (some of my favorite photos from my trip to Englad came from those gardens), and the local Springs Preserve (which has really helped me come to appreciate the desert's landscape more and more).

I am now in possession of my tea and a surprise container of frozen yogurt. Bliss.

1 comment: