Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Celebrating Life and Memories

Vintage Paris

As alluded to in my previous post, my grandmother has passed away. I was struggling with this last week, but now I feeling like honoring her memory by celebrating her life and the wonderful memories I have of growing up. I want to share more family stories and mementos, to share those treasures with the world. Family and my family's history are a big part of who I am today and to be a more authentic person I want to share more of those aspects, especially gems like these. Without further ado...

This photo was taken in the early 1950's. My grandma had flown to France in order to marry my grandfather who was stationed there with the air force at the time (they were high school sweethearts). This was one of the many of her stops touring some of the more famous landmarks before she settled down in Lion, France (and no, that's not a typo for Lyon). This must have been a favorite coat of hers as it appears in many of her photos from this time period. She was such a stylish woman and she looks so wonderfully happy here. I was overjoyed that mom was able to find this among a variety of bits and bobs that might have otherwise been overlooked.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Erica. I really enjoyed the photo of Grandma and the story that went along with it! You know so much more about Grandma than I do.

    ReplyDelete