Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

After many of my childhood neighbors moved away I found myself wishing for the kind of neighborhood where neighbors talk to one another. Where they invite each other inside for refreshments. Where they're close. Even though it's taken years, I seem to have found one again. On Friday evening one of my neighbors brought these amazing tortillas covered in cinnamon sugar. I wanted to return her dish with something in it so I whipped up a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I love this feeling and look forward to getting to know the neighbors even better.

As for the recipe for these amazing cookies I use the Nestle recipe that's printed on the back of the bag. They're the perfect combination of chewy and crisp. They're simple to put together and the ingredients are readily on hand.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
(recipe via nestle.com)

2 1/4 cups All purpose flour (or plain flour)
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Butter; at room temperature
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
3/4 cup Brown sugar; lightly packed
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 large Eggs
1 bag Miniature chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°F

Start off by combining the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars until the mixture has lightened in both color and texture. Mix in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Slowly mix in the flour mixture, being careful not to over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Roll dough into one in balls (or use a cookie scoop for more evenly sized cookies) and space them two or so inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for seven minutes, or until golden brown on the undersides. Let each batch cool for one minute on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.

2 comments: