Friday, January 8, 2010

Introspective: A Community Art Project


Paint brushes, originally uploaded by karindalziel.

I propose a project. I've seen this meme floating around and only yesterday did it spark an idea. What if we used our prompt answers to create pieces of art? The pieces can be in any medium (or a mix of mediums), the goal here is to go with the flow of your inspiration. As a disclaimer I would like to note that the prompts are a meme that's been floating around the internet for a while, not questions I put together.

If you want to participate, create a page on your blog that you can update with each piece in the series (also feel free to jump around with the prompts as you see fit) and I will link to it here. I think this would be a fun way to get to know a little about each other, both through our answers to the prompts and the way we interpret them artistically.

The Prompts
If I were a month, I’d be:
If I were a day of the week, I’d be:
If I were a time of day, I’d be:
If I were a planet, I’d be:
If I were a sea animal, I’d be:
If I were a direction, I’d be:
If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be:
If I were a liquid, I’d be:
If I were a gemstone, I’d be:
If I were a tree, I’d be:
If I were a tool, I’d be:
If I were a flower, I’d be:
If I were a kind of weather, I’d be:
If I were a musical instrument, I’d be:
If I were a color, I’d be:
If I were an emotion, I’d be:
If I were a fruit, I’d be:
If I were a sound, I’d be:
If I were an element, I’d be:
If I were a car, I’d be:
If I were a food, I’d be:
If I were a place, I’d be:
If I were a material, I’d be:
If I were a taste, I’d taste like:
If I were a scent, I’d be:
If I were an object, I’d be:
If I were a body part, I’d be:
If I were a facial expression, I’d be:
If I were a song, I’d be:
If I were a pair of shoes, I’d be:

The Participants
Eve @ aufleben.org

Go ahead and comment with your link if you want to give this a try. There's no pressure, no time limit. This is just for fun ♥

2 comments:

  1. Wow I know I have never visited your blog before, but I find this meme very interesting so I'd like to try :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Eve I'm excited to see your pieces! Welcome C:

    ReplyDelete